What Is a Mobile Notary Service?
If you have ever had official documents that you had to get notarized, you understand just how challenging this can be sometimes. For example, you probably had to call around, see if anyone in your area had access to a notary, and then drive to that location. Then, you may figure out that the notary simply isn’t there on that day. This can be incredibly frustrating.
Fortunately, there is an easier way that you can get your documents notarized. That is where a mobile notary service can be helpful. What do you need to know about this helpful professional service?
What is a Mobile Notary Service?
Mobile notary services, which can include a traveling notary, are services that will come to you instead. With access to mobile notaries, you no longer have to worry about driving around from place to place hoping to find a notary who is available to you. Instead, you may be able to find a public notary public that will come to the home.
Similar to a traditional notary, you may have to call and make an appointment with a mobile notary. Then, you have to wait and meet that mobile notary at a specified time and location. Prior to meeting with that professional, you will need to find a location that is agreeable to both parties. For example, the mobile notary may want to meet you at a location that is close to other clients he or she may have to meet with that day. Or, a notary may prefer to meet in a location that is public. Regardless, there is a good chance this is easier than trying to find a traditional notary who may not be available on that day.
What is the Difference between a Mobile Notary and a Traveling Notary?
There are several names that you may hear when you are discussing a mobile notary. For example, a mobile notary may also be known as a traveling notary. In general, these two services are the same. In both situations, you will not have to worry about hunting down a traditional notary at an office building, photocopying location, or bank.
On the other hand, a mobile notary may also include virtual notary services. In this manner, a traveling notary and a mobile notary may both be willing to meet you at a different location. On the other hand, a mobile notary may also be able to notarize your documents for you via video chat. Therefore, you may not have to worry about traveling at all. You can simply get all of your documents notarized virtually.
Top Mobile Notary Services
If you need to get a document notarized, you may be looking for the best professional services available. There are a few examples. These include:
The best all-around service for mobile notary services is OneNotary. It is possible to schedule a time slot for a professional in a matter of minutes. After signing up, there is an automatic invite provided with more details. Even though there are other companies that offer fast services, none of them allow you to schedule your own appointment like OneNotary. A few of the top benefits include:
- The service is available in all 50 states
- You can schedule your own appointment
- There are almost always appointments available
- Most services can be completed in a matter of minutes
- There is a 100 percent money-back guarantee if you are not happy
Keep in mind that documents are only available for 7 days. On the other hand, this company has already developed a long and impressive track record of providing fast, reliable, accurate Services. As long as you have a video camera, a speaker, a microphone, and a reliable internet connection, you can take advantage of their professional services. Using end-to-end multi-layer TSL encryption, your information will be safe from harm.
If you are looking for a service that can help you save money, then you may want to consider going with SIGNiX. The company is known for its low prices all the way around. Some of the top benefits of using this service include:
- A single notarization is only $10
- Their services are efficient and reliable
- There is audit trail technology employed for additional security
The downside is that this is one of the newer services available, so there is limited information published. Furthermore, they do not provide any direct-to-consumer notarizations. If you are on a tight budget, then you may want to take a closer look at the services provided by SIGNiX.
If you are looking for a service that can handle multiple signers with each notarization, then NotaryCam might be the best option. Even if every signatory is in a different location, this service can still get the job done. Some of the main benefits include:
- This service is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year
- They emphasize security with encryption through SSL
- The service is accessible to multiple signers in multiple locations
Sometimes, appointments can be delayed. Furthermore, the pricing is expensive for notarizations outside of the United States, starting at $79. If you would like to have access to face-to-face notary services, then NotaryCam could be for you.
Another option you may want to consider is called Notarize. This is a company that is compatible with iPad, Android, and I found. Furthermore, they provide you with access to professionals 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days a year. If you are not happy with your services, you can also ask for your money back. Some of the main advantages include:
- They are available whenever you need them
- The service is accessible via mobile phone or tablet
- They provide a money-back guarantee
On the other hand, their software can people at you from time to time and their notarizations are not always accurate. For a single document, they charge $25. Then, they charge $10 extra for each added seal.
Specializing in real estate transactions, Nexsys employees technology that focuses on real estate transactions that require multiple originations and closings. There is a helpful guide that will walk everyone through the process. Some of the main benefits of using this service include:
- There is a tremendous amount of expertise and real estate transactions
- Transactions can either be handled in-person, remote or a hybrid of both
- Using software programs, there is a much lower risk of missing signatures
The downside is that this service is not available in all 50 states. Furthermore, the pricing can vary from company to company, so you need to reach out to your title company to learn more.
How Does Mobile Notary Work
If you want to take advantage of a mobile notary, OneNotary can help you. The steps you need to follow include:
- Visit OneNotary first and learn more about the process
- Review the available appointments and select one
- After you have signed up for your appointment, you should receive an email invitation
- Follow the instructions in the email so the professional can review your document
- Answer a few questions about your history so you can confirm it is the same person listed on the document
- At the time of your appointment, you will meet your professional online
- Working with the professional video conferencing technology, the process will unfold just as it would in-person
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, your professional will answer them for you ahead of time.
Mobile Notary Benefits
There are several benefits of hiring a mobile notary. Some of the top benefits include:
- You no longer have to worry about hunting down a traditional professional. Instead of dealing with logistical nightmares, you can simply ask the professional notarization service to come to you.
- You also have access to more time slots. Instead of having to take time out of your day to find a traditional service, you can schedule a mobile service to visit you outside of normal business hours if this is best for you.
- If you are in a large city, it can be difficult to schedule time with a traditional service. A mobile service is much easier to access, as they can come to you, making this process more convenient.
- Finally, you might also be able to save money. A lot of mobile services provide multiple packages, allowing you to tailor your services to meet your specific needs. You do not have to worry about paying for something you do not need.
These are just a few of the top benefits of going with a mobile notarization service. If you have documents that you need to get notarized, this is probably something that needs to get done sooner rather than later. Instead of having to wait for an appointment with a traditional service, why not take advantage of mobile notary services instead? That way, you can move forward as quickly as possible.