How Much Does It Cost To Get Something Notarized?
If you have to get something notarized, you are probably concerned about how much this is going to cost. Whether you are looking to notarize a letter, a legal document, or a financial document, you are probably thinking about notary prices. So, what does a notary charge? If you are wondering, “how much does a notary cost,” the answer is that it can vary from location to location. Take a closer look at information regarding a potential notary fee, and make sure you understand how this works. How much does it cost to get something notarized?
When Notary Fees Apply
There are numerous situations where a notary fees night apply. In general, if you have important papers such as loan papers, legal documents, or financial papers, you might need to get them notarized. A notary public is responsible for attesting that all the information on the document is true, complete, and valid. If the document needs to be signed in the presence of a notary public, and you may end up having to pay a notary fee.
Remember that a notary is a specific person who has been authorized by a state or county to verify that the individuals who are represented on that piece of paper are who they say they are. The notary public is also responsible for making sure that people understand the contents of the document and that they are entering into the agreement under their own volition.
Whenever you have to use the services of a notary, you may have to pay a fee. At the same time, you might be wondering just how expensive this is going to be. What do you need to know about this process? What does a notary charge?
Notary Fees By State
One of the most important factors that will play a role is the location in which you are getting the document signed. This means that notary fees can vary from location to location. For example, there are some locations, such as Georgia, for the notary fee might only be $2. On the other hand, there are some locations, such as California, where it is not unusual for a notary to charge $15 to perform the same action.
The state plays a specific role in determining how much a notary is going to charge for specific services. A few of the most common services that a notary may charge include acknowledgments, travel fees, verbal oaths, and Jurats. It is important for you to be familiar with how much these notaries might charge for their services. That way, you understand exactly how much money you have to pay in order to get the document properly notarized.
Online Notary Fees
You might be surprised to know that it is possible to get documents notarized online. For example, you may have heard that you can get your documents notarized through OneNotary. Even though the state is responsible for setting standard fees that physical notaries might charge, this is actually going to be more expensive for you because you have to physically drive to the notary, wait for them to sign your document, and hope that they are actually present when you get there.
Instead of having to waste your time driving out to a physical notary, you should take advantage of OneNotary instead. Because you control when you decide to meet with a notary, you do not have to worry about driving around to various physical locations. Furthermore, you can also save money by taking advantage of differences in online fees as well.
With OneNotary, a single document online notarization with one notary certificate includes $25, with significant discounts for each additional certificate you require. If you have a lot of documents that you need to get notarized, then you need to take advantage of OneNotary and the bulk discount options that are available.
How To Save Money on Notary Fees
If you are wondering how to save money on notary fees, there are several options at your disposal. A few key points you should keep in mind include:
- Travel Fees: If you are really looking for ways to save money on the notary process, then you need to avoid notary travel fees. Instead of making the notary come to you, you should be willing to go to the notary. That way, you do not need to worry about the notary charging you additional money for driving to your physical location.
- Discounts: If you are trying to get multiple documents signed at the same time, then you may be able to ask for a discount on the services. That way, you got a bulk rate instead of paying for each individual document. This is another great way for you to save money during the notary process.
- Multiple Quotes: In addition, you also need to make sure that you get multiple quotes. Just as you take a look at multiple options when you are looking for products and services, you need to get multiple quotes when you are trying to hire a notary as well. You might be able to save money on your notary services.
- Go Online: Finally, the most important thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to take advantage of online notary services. This can save you a lot of time and money if you are getting key documents notarized. This is another area where OneNotary can be beneficial.
Take advantage of online notary services, and learn more about getting a document notarized with OneNotary!
Notarize Anything with OneNotary!
It is possible for you to notarize just about anything using OneNotary. Furthermore, the process is straightforward. The steps you need to follow include:
- Schedule an Appointment: The first thing you need to do is take a look at the available appointments and select one that fits your schedule.
- Upload Your Documents: After you sign up for an appointment, the next step is to upload your documents. There will be a link included in the email invitation that you can use to upload your document for the notary to view.
- Answer Questions: The next thing you need to do is answer a few questions to verify your identity. That way, the notary knows that you are who you say you are.
- Meet the Notary: The next thing you need to do is meet with a notary. When the appointment time rolls around, you will have a video conference appointment with your notary.
- Download Your Documents: Finally, at the end of the appointment, your documents will be ready for download. You can download your notarized documents and submit them appropriately.
If you follow these simple steps, you should be able to get your documents notarized online. Instead of going to a physical notary, save time and money by using an online notary service through OneNotary instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several common questions people have about this process. They include:
How much does it cost to get a paper notarized?
The exact amount of money you are going to spend as much a very depending on your location, the documents you are getting notarized, and how many of them need to be notarized.
How much do notary services cost?
Notary service fees are often set by the state; however, you can save money by getting your document notarized online. Instead of having to drive to a physical notary, consider using videoconferencing technology to get your documents notarized instead.
Do I have to get my documents notarized?
Not every document has to be notarized; however, many real estate documents, financial documents, and legal documents have to be notarized. If you have questions about whether your specific document has to get notarized, you may want to reach out to a professional or review the local regulations.