5 Steps To Notarize a Document
There might be situations where you need to notarize a document. Notarizing a document is an important step for a lot of official financial transactions as well as legal documents. Therefore, it is important to understand the notary instructions you need to follow if you want to end up with a notarized document.
Fortunately, there are plenty of options available if you are looking for a way to notarize a document. It is important to take a closer look at the steps to notarize a document. What do you need to do if you want to finish this notary process? Take a look at a few important steps below.
What Is the Point of Notarizing a Document?
The point of notarizing a document is to verify the identity of everyone involved in that specific document. One of the main purposes of using a notary public is to prevent fraud from taking place. The notary public is going to verify the identity of people before placing his or her stamp on the document. This is critical for making sure that all documents that are submitted for these purposes are true and valid.
Another important job of a notary public is to make sure that everyone understands the document that is being signed. There are a lot of important documents that are handled using the notary process. For example, there are a lot of real estate transactions that require the document to be notarized. There are also a lot of important financial transactions that may require the document to be notarized. This can have significant, long-lasting ramifications on someone’s life. That is why it is the job of a notary public to make sure people understand what they are doing when they sign the document.
The notary public is also going to make sure that the document has been filled out appropriately. There are a lot of steps that have to be followed in order to complete this process. The notary public is going to walk you through the process to make sure the document has been filled out properly. This can save a lot of time and money.
Even though not every important document has to be notarized, a lot of them do. That is why it is important for people to understand exactly what they need to do in order to complete the notary process. There are several options available, and people need to find the right choice for them.
How To Notarize a Document
If you are wondering how to notarize a document, it is important to understand that new options have been made available thanks to technological advancements. You can either get a document notarized online or offline. If you would like to get documents notarized online, one of the options available is OneNotary.
Today, it is possible for people to access a wide variety of products and services using the internet. Now, notary services are available online through OneNotary as well. This process has been streamlined to make it as easy as possible. The steps you need to follow to get document notarized online through OneNotary include:
- Look at the Calendar: The first step is to take a look at the calendar. You can see all appointment time slots and availability. Then, you simply have to select the time slot that is best for you.
- Attach the Documents: After you have signed up for an appointment slot, you will receive an email invitation. You should click the link to access the location where you need to upload the documents that are going to be notarized.
- Answer a few Questions: Next, you are going to answer a few questions to verify your identity. The point of this process is to make sure the person listed on the documents is the same as the person filling them out.
- Arrive for the Appointment: When the appointment time comes around, you are going to meet with a notary public using video conferencing technology. The notary public is going to walk you through the process and make sure the document has been filled out appropriately.
- Download the Notarized Documents: Finally, when the appointment is done, you are going to download your notarized documents. Then, you can simply print them out and proceed on your way.
The goal is to make this process as easy as possible. Instead of having to spend a lot of time driving around trying to find a physical notary, you can simply go through this process online. That way, you can save time and money.
Of course, you can also get a document notarized offline as well. This is the same process people have been using for years. It is still possible for you to get a document notarized using a physical notary public. The steps you have to follow during this process include:
- Find a Notary: First, you need to find a notary public. You can probably find them in post offices, legal offices, and corporate buildings. You should drive around to a bunch of the buildings in your area to see if any of them have a notary public available.
- Ask About Availability: Next, you need to ask about the availability of a specific notary public. Even though the notary public may work in that building, they are often rotated among different sites. You need to figure out what site they are actually at.
- Bring the Documents and ID: You will also need to bring the documents and identification with you. Remember that you may have to wait your turn. Therefore, you need to protect your documents and identification as you are waiting to meet with a notary.
- Get the Documents Notarized: After this, you can actually get the document notarized. You should talk with a notary about everything you need to do to complete the notary process. Once this is done, he or she should stamp documents for you.
- Submit the Documents: Finally, you need to submit the documents. Figure out where the document going to go and send them in.
Obviously, this process can be longer and more expensive. It may be better to do it online.
Frequently Asked Questions
A few common questions people ask include:
Can I get a document notarized online?
Yes, you can go to the notary process online using OneNotary.
Is getting a document notarized expensive?
Every notary is responsible for charging his or her own rates. You may be able to save money by getting a document notarized online.
Does getting a document notarized take a long time?
It should only take a few minutes if you use OneNotary; however, you might have to wait if you use a physical notary public.